5 Steps For Cleaning Out Your Gutters
Gutters are easily neglected when cleaning a building. It’s probably because it is out of the way so it doesn’t come to mind. But it’s important gutters are cleaned. So as to let rain water drain effectively and not collect on your roof. You have to clean your gutters at least once ever year. It could be a difficult task, but you could take some steps to ease the stress. Let’s see some steps you can take to clean your gutters. But first you need some tools.
There are basically 6 tools you need to clean out your gutters and be safe while cleaning it. Let’s see those tools.
- A strong and sturdy ladder
- Garden hose with a spray nozzle
- Plastic gutter scoop
- Suede gloves
- Eye goggles
- Rubber shoes(if you have to walk on the roof)
Here are some steps you can take to clean out your gutters. But before starting, make sure you’re wearing your gloves and eye goggles. Remember, safety first.
- Step 1: For this step, you’ll need a ladder. Get a strong and sturdy ladder that is high enough to get to your roof. Then use the plastic gutter scoop to clean out their debris from the gutters. Clean the downspout too. It is important to clean this part as it can mean flow or build up of rainwater. So make sure to unclog it.
- Step 2: Don’t litter the debris collected. If they are biodegradable, they can be used to make compost. Just ensure they heaped in a place that will not let them get into drains and cause clogging.
- Step 3: Look at the gutter spikes. Are they still in good condition? If not, you could replace them. It’s important your gutters are fastened properly so they can drain rainwater well.
- Step 4: Check for leaks. Also, check for any holes in the gutter. Another thing to put in order is caulking. If it’s cracked, replace it. It’s important to do this as it will enable you to keep your boards dry.
- Step 5: You’ll want to give your gutters a spray down. Use your garden hose with a spray nozzle. Be careful how you spray. Don’t party at an angle that could force the shingles off.
There you have it, easy steps to clean your gutters. If you have any more questions, give us a call. Maid2kleen is glad to be of assistance.